- Published: 30 August 2011
- Hits: 8220
LOC MRI Department:
The LOC MRI scanner is an open MRI, specifically designed for extremity-only, orthopaedic MRI exams. The scanner is located within our office and we offer same day or next day appointment options.
You must complete a screening questionnaire to ensure there are no contraindications to having a MRI scan done. You can fill out a screening form in the office or online under our “Patient Pre-Registration Forms”. Due to the magnetic field of the MRI certain items or conditions may prevent you from having an MRI. Please inform the technologist if you are pregnant or possibly pregnant, if you have a cardiac pacemaker, aneurysm clips, ferromagnetic implanted devices, metal shrapnel, or certain eye or ear surgeries.
- The MRI scan will take approximately 1 hour to complete.
- You may eat and drink normally, take prescribed medications as directed by your physician; this will not affect your exam.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with no metal zippers or snaps. If you do not have such clothing, appropriate apparel is available in our office for you to wear.
- Certain items, such as cell phones, hearing aids, watches, keys, jewelry, credit and ATM cards, etc. are not permitted in the scan room. A locker is provided for safe storage of these items during the MRI
All MRI scans completed at LOC are interpreted by a staff of Radiologists. Reports are then sent to the ordering LOC physician. You will be informed at the time of your MRI scan if your physician will contact you by phone with results or if a follow-up appointment is necessary.
|Lincoln Orthopaedic Center is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Magnetic Resonance Laboratories (ICAMRL).|